Dr David Taylor MBBS/FRACS CSSANZ
Located on The Wesley Hospital Campus
Dr Taylor is a specialist Colorectal Surgeon at The Wesley and Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital. He was awarded Royal Australasian College of Surgeons' Fellowship in General Surgery in 1998. He subsequently completed three Colorectal subspecialty fellowship years including the Colorectal Surgeons Society of Australia and New Zealand and Royal Australasian College of Surgeons' Training Board in Colon and Rectal Surgery programme. He was admitted as a member of the Colorectal Surgeons Society of Australia and New Zealand in 2013.
Dr Taylor practices broadly across all aspects of Colorectal Surgery including Colorectal Oncology, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, other benign colorectal pathology (eg Diverticular Disease,) Defecatory and Incontinence Disorders and Anorectal Pathology. Particular interest include Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery and complex Colorectal Surgery including for Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Locally Advanced or Locally Recurrent Pelvic Malignancy requiring Pelvic Exenteration.
Dr Taylor and his practice staff aim to offer a holistic, thorough, efficient and supportive assessment and treatment for all patients with colorectal conditions.
He is a Senior Lecturer with the University of Queensland, a member of the Queensland Training Committe of the Board in General Surgery of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons & General Surgeons Australia and a member of the Colorectal Subcommittee of the Queensland Cancer Control Analysis Team. Dr Taylor is the lead clinician in the newly developed Multidisciplinary Pelvic Exenteration Service (for locally advanced and recurrent pelvic malignancies) based at the Royal Brisbane & Women's Hospital, also offering this service at The Wesley Hospital.
Professional Memberships and other roles:
- Member - Colorectal Surgeons Society of Australasia & New Zealand
- Fellow in General Surgery - Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Board member - Queensland Training committee of the Board in General Surgery of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons & General Surgeons Australia
- Committee member - Colorectal Subcommittee of the Queensland Cancer Control Analysis Team
- Senior Lecturer - University of Queensland
- Accreditation for Colonoscopy and Upper Endoscopy - Conjoint Committee for the Recognition of Training in Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.