Dr Nigel Dunglison MBBS, FRACS (Urol)
Located on The Wesley Hospital Campus
Dr Dunglison underwent 2 years of sub-specialist training in ‘Reconstructive and Prosthetic’ urological surgery at the Institute of Urology, University College London Hospitals under the mentorship of the internationally renowned reconstructive urologist Professor A R Mundy.
In 2002, Dr Dunglison returned to Brisbane, having been appointed Director of Urology at the Royal Brisbane Womens’ Hospital. He has developed the Urology Department to incorporate Robotic, Laparoscopic, Laser, Prosthetic, Reconstructive and Flexible endoscopic surgeries along with Prostate MRI and Brachytherapy. Concurrently Dr Dunglison has continued to develop his own comprehensive Reconstructive + Prosthetic private urological surgery incorporating regular international mentorships and training.
Dr Dunglison completed his medical degree at the University of QLD in 1989 and received his Fellowship from the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 2000.
- Dr Dunglison is Director of Urology at RBWH (2002- ) and has expanded this department to 10 consultants, 4 registrars and 4 specialist nurses supported by 3 administrative staff. This department is responsible for tertiary referrals from across Queensland.
- Dr Dunglison is currently the Chairman of the Northern Section of the Urological Society of Australasia representing Queensland Urologists. He has previously served a three year term as Queensland Chairman of the Training, Education and Assessment Committee.
- Dr Dunglison has facilitated research undertaken through RBWH, University of Queensland and Wesley Research Institute.
- Dr Dunglison serves on hospital committees responsible for theatre management at Wesley Hospital and Chermside Day Hospital.
Dr Dunglison is a visiting medical officer at the Wesley Hospital, Holy Spirit Northside, Chermside Day Hospital and the Royal Brisbane Womens’ Hospital.
- Urological Society of Australasia
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Australian Medical Association
- Overseas Member British Association of Urological Surgeons