Located on The Wesley Hospital Campus
Dr Chow completed her MBBS undergraduate degree at the University of Sydney, her General Surgery training at Westmead Hospital and in surrounding areas including Canberra (2003-2006).
Her colorectal training (CSSANZ)was completed at the Prince of Wales Hospital (NSW) in 2007 and the Royal Brisbane Women’s Hospital in 2008. She undertook specialist robotic training at Anam Hospital, Korea University Medical College, in Seoul.
Since 2009, Dr Chow has practiced as a colorectal surgeon at the Royal Brisbane Women’s Hospital and the Mater Hospital.
Dr Chow’s research interests include:
Professional Memberships and Other roles:
- The development of a competency-based training program for robotic colorectal surgery
- Reviewing the role of complete mesocolic excision in colonic cancer
- Comparing oncological outcomes of a low tie with D3 (extended) lymphadenectomy and a standard high tie
- Senior lecturer, University of Queensland
- Supervisor of surgical registrar training at the Royal Brisbane Women’s Hospital