UCH Pharmacy is a dedicated team of registered Pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, pharmacy assistants and support staff. Pharmacists hold university degrees in pharmacy and are experts on medications.
Comprehensive clinical pharmacy services are offered to patients admitted to The Wesley Hospital, including patients discharging from the hospital and patients admitted for a day procedure. Working alongside medical staff, nursing staff and other health care professionals, the Pharmacy team contribute to the Wesley’s multi-disciplinary approach to healthcare.
The comprehensive clinical pharmacy services include:
- Counseling hospital patients on new medications or changes in medication therapy
- Pharmacist review of medications on admission to ward
- Dispensing to Day of Surgery Admission Unit and the Emergency Department
- Education sessions for patients e.g. cardiac rehabilitation
- Provision of up-to-date medication lists and advice at time of discharge
- Safe and timely supply of medications to patients and the wards of the hospital
- Regular reviews of the medications prescribed during hospital admission
- Provision of recommendations to medical staff on drug treatment oncology (cancer care)
- Review and supply of chemotherapy
- Compounding of special products (e.g. creams and mixtures)
- Drug information services and education sessions to other health care professionals
- Introduction and evaluation of medication safety initiatives
- Professional and caring service to all inpatients