When to come into hospital
It is important to contact the birth suites on 07 3232 7221 before coming into hospital, so that we can prepare for your arrival.
You should come into hospital if:
- You think you may be in labour
- Your waters break
- You experience any blood loss
- You notice a significant decrease or lack of baby movements
When you arrive at the hospital, please proceed to Wesley Maternity (Ward 1E) located on Level 1 of East Wing and you will be taken to the birth suites where you will be assessed by a midwife.
If you have any concerns during your pregnancy, please feel free to contact the birth suites if your doctor is unavailable as we have 24 hour contact with your obstetrician. Our Wesley midwives are available to assist you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Preparing for your stay
We want to make your stay with us as comfortable and stress-free as possible. Upon your arrival, we will provide a gown for you to wear during labour or alternatively you can also bring your own if you prefer).
To assist you with your new bundle of joy, we will also provide linen, clothing, wipes and nappies for your baby. Again, you may also bring your own items if you prefer.
We suggest you bring:
- Comfortable day wear
- Night attire
- Maternity bras
- Toiletries (Shampoo and soap)
- Maternity sanitary pads (two-three packets)
- Breast pads
- Baby clothes and a wrap or blanket for the journey home (plus a spare just in case!)
- Teats, bottles and formula if you intend to bottle feed
- Any medication that you are taking (including vitamins)
- Details of your private health insurance
- Medicare card