Volunteering at the Wesley
The Wesley Volunteer Department is committed to providing hospital support services and compassionate support and care to patients. Our volunteers come from diverse backgrounds and bring a range of skills to enhance the overall patient experience.
Volunteers provide services to a range of hospital programs including:
- Transporting patients to and from hospital appointments
- Meeting and greeting patients at Reception
- Accompanying patients to a ward or clinic
- Providing information and directions to patients and visitors at Information Desks
- Newspaper deliveries
- Administrative assistance like mail outs, preparation of charts, laminating, collating and photocopying
- Providing a book and magazine service to patients
- Delivering scripts to pharmacy and collecting charts and x-rays
- Palliative Care ward support
- Waiting room attendants
- Pastoral Care
Would you like to join our team?
Volunteering opportunities are currently available between the hours of 6.00am and 4.00pm Monday to Friday, and 7.00am -10.00am Saturdays.
Volunteers successfully matched to a role attend Hospital Orientation and Training. Our volunteers are valued and recognised at events during the year including International Volunteer Week and end of year celebrations.
Parking and lunch is provided free.