Updated 7.30am, Saturday 28 March
From 5am on Monday 30 March, The Wesley Hospital will be closed to all visitors. This decision has been made to contain the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and to keep our patients and staff safe. Only pre-approved visitors will be allowed into the hospital.
Pre-approved visits should be kept as brief as possible, no more than once daily. As per Queensland Health directive, visits can not exceed two hours, unless indicated otherwise in the list below.
Pre-approved visitors include:
- 1 parent per paediatric patient: one person may remain with the patient at all times.
- 1 partner for maternity patients: one person may remain with the patient at all times.
- 1 parent for Special Care Nursery (in addition to mother, as inpatient)
- 1 visitor at a time for palliative care patients: exemptions may be granted. Please discuss with the patient’s treating team.
- 1 support person for Wesley Emergency Centre patients (Emergency Department): COVID-19 screening process on entry, one person may remain with the patient at all times.
- 1 visitor at a time for ICU: at ICU discretion
- 1 carer for people with a disability: one person may remain with the patient at all times.
- 1 visitor per patient, for patients who have been admitted for five days or more.
- Outpatient appointments to doctors’ rooms, and onsite third party providers, such as Wesley Breast Clinic, Genesis, Icon and IMED (formerly Wesley Medical Imaging), will be allowed entry.
Please note, all visitor restrictions outlined are at the discretion of the patient’s treating team.
We understand this arrangement will cause some distress and we apologise for the inconvenience that this will cause. Our dedicated teams are doing their best to keep everyone safe and well. Thank you for your understanding.
Staying in touch with loved ones through this time
We suggest that a family member is designated to be the central point of call to keep your family and friends informed of your progress via telephone. We ask that these phone calls are made after 10:30am, allowing for routine patient care activities to be undertaken. All telephone enquiries should be directed to the hospital switchboard on (07) 3232 7000.
We understand patients can feel isolated while in hospital. Support is available from our Pastoral Care team, which can be arranged by your nurse.
If you have questions about how these actions will impact on your individual circumstances please call The Wesley Hospital Switch 07 3232 7000 and ask to speak to the manager of the ward, where your loved one is a patient.
Wesley Emergency Centre information
Updated 9.00am, Wednesday 25 March
Patients and visitors to Wesley Emergency Centre (WEC) are being screened for COVID-19, immediately upon entry. A mandatory form is completed and their temperature is taken, in order to identify those who may be at risk.
Wesley Emergency Centre patients can be accompanied by one support person through the duration of their visit, changes to this are at the discretion of your treating team.
Elective surgery information
Updated 1:30pm, Wednesday 25 March
The Wesley Hospital is aware of the Prime Minister’s announcement regarding the cancellation of some categories of elective surgery in all hospitals from midnight Wednesday 25 March.
The Wesley Hospital is currently seeking clarity from the Federal Government and Queensland Health regarding these categories and the effect on elective surgeries at The Wesley Hospital.
Unless we contact you directly to reschedule your surgery, please prepare for your admission to The Wesley Hospital to proceed as planned.
For the latest Queensland Health updates you can visit their website.