Updated 13 May, 2020
In order to contain the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and to keep our patients and staff safe, The Wesley Hospital is currently restricting visitors.
Each patient may have one visit per day for up to two hours, no more than two people per visit.
You may not visit a hospital if you:
- have been asked to self-quarantine due to travel overseas, being in a COVID-19 hotspot or close contact with a person who has novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in the previous 14 days.
- Are unwell, particularly with a fever, cough, sore throat and shortness of breath.
- Are under the age of 16, unless visiting to provide a patient with end-of-life support.
Up to two people may remain with a patient at all times and are not restricted to the two-hour time limit if they are:
- Carers for children under the age of 18
- Carers for a patient with a disability
- Partner and/or support person/s when the patient is admitted for care related to the pregnancy
- Support person for emergency department or outpatient care appointments
More than two visitors are allowed to provide end-of-life support to a patient. These visitors are also not restricted to the two-hour limit.
All visitor restrictions outlined are at the discretion of the patient’s treating team.
Our dedicated teams are doing their best to keep everyone safe and well. Thank you for your understanding.
Elective surgery update
Update Thursday 7 May, 2020
Further to the Australian Government’s announcement on 21 April, The Wesley Hospital is pleased to confirm we have commenced a phased reintroduction of elective surgery from Monday, 27 April 2020 onwards.
We appreciate many of our patients are eager to know when their elective procedure may take place and would like to advise that as soon as your procedure can be scheduled, your specialist doctor will be in contact with you directly.
Staying in touch
We suggest that a family member is designated to be the central point of call to keep your family and friends informed of your progress via telephone. We ask that these phone calls are made after 10:30am, allowing for routine patient care activities to be undertaken. All telephone enquiries should be directed to the hospital switchboard on (07) 3232 7000.
We understand patients can feel isolated while in hospital. Support is available from our Pastoral Care team, which can be arranged by your nurse.
If you have questions about how these actions will impact on your individual circumstances please call The Wesley Hospital Switch 07 3232 7000 and ask to speak to the manager of the ward, where your loved one is a patient.
If you have urgent concerns that need to be escalated in relation to your loved one’s care, please call 1800 872 255 or 0419 779 458 to talk to a senior clinician.