Referring patients to The Wesley Hospital
General practitioners may refer patients for admission to The Wesley Hospital through a referral to an accredited Visiting Medical Practitioner (VMP). General practitioners may also refer patients directly to:
- Wesley Breast Clinic: 07 3232 7202
- Pain Management Program: 07 3232 6190
- Back Rehabilitation Program: 07 3232 6190
- Cardiac Rehab Program: 0418 713 712
- Wesley Palliative Care: 07 3232 7043
- Wesley Hospital Kim Walters Choices Program: 07 3232 7064
- Wesley Emergency Centre: 07 3232 7333
- Wesley Ulcer Clinic: 07 3232 7645
Major specialties have an on-call roster of specialists to ensure there is always a consultant available to accept and treat acute admissions. However, patients may be referred to any accredited specialist with their knowledge and consent.
Elective admissions are arranged through the office of an accredited visiting medical practitioner. In most cases a general practitioner would refer the patient to a consultant at their rooms where an elective admission could be arranged if appropriate.
Find a Wesley Specialist
To find an accredited Wesley specialist by specialty or surname please refer to the doctors search. This directory has the most up to date information on our specialists and allows you to print off individual profiles.
Quick Reference Guide
Alternatively you may prefer to print a full list of specialists grouped by specialty.
If you would like to receive a printed copy of the Quick Reference Guide or require multiple copies for your practice via mail, please email email@example.com
or phone 07 3232 7222.