At Wesley Maternity, we know how special it is to bring a baby into the world. From the moment you arrive to the moment you meet your new bub, we’re here for you – to make sure you feel comfortable and confident, so that you can enjoy one of the most amazing experiences imaginable. We'll even be there to support you during the initial weeks settling in at home with your baby.
Our team of highly qualified experts will support and guide you every step of the way. With both natural and caesarean birth options available, and the latest technology and facilities on hand, we’ve got everything needed to ensure your birth goes as smoothly as possible.
The Wesley Hospital offers more than 30 specialty areas, so you can be assured that should you or your baby require any specific medical assistance, all of our multi-disciplinary teams are available to provide you with the highest quality care.
We have five spacious birthing suites that all include the following:
- Ensuite facilities including dual flexible shower attachments
- Contemporary technological foetal monitoring support
- Therapeutic comfort options including fit balls, bean bags and birth stools
- Flat screen television, telephone and Wi-Fi
- Access to kitchen facilities
- Multi functional birthing beds
- Flexible lighting options including dimmed lighting
Ensuring the safe care of you and your baby is our highest priority. You will have access to a number of professional support staff including midwives, obstetricians, paediatricians and anaethetists. They are available around the clock to support you if required. A fully equipped operating theatre and intensive care unit are also nearby to deal with any unexpected complications.
Your labour and birth is a very special time and we encourage you to discuss any individual preferences with your obstetrician. Our experienced midwives are here to support you and your family during this time.
Our comfortable and welcoming maternity rooms will be your private sanctuary for your first few days with your new baby. All maternity rooms feature:
- Private ensuite facilities
- WiFi and direct dial telephone
- Flat screen digital television
- 24 hour maternity education channel
- Wardrobe and bedside locker
- Bar fridge
Partners are welcome to stay overnight at no additional fee. Partner meals are available at a small additional cost.
Ultrasound, X-ray and Imaging
Wesley Medical Imaging is conveniently located within The Wesley Hospital campus. It provides a comprehensive range of imaging services for you and your baby.