When to come into hospital
It is important to contact the birth suites before coming into hospital.
If at any time during your pregnancy, should you have any concerns, please feel free to contact the birth suites if your doctor is unavailable. We have 24 hour a day contact with your obstetrician.
You should come into the hospital after making contact with the birth suites by telephoning (07) 3232 7221:
- If you think you may be in labour
- If your membranes rupture (waters break)
- If you are experiencing any blood loss
- If there is a noticeable decrease or lack of baby movements
- If you have any concerns
On arrival at the hospital please proceed to Wesley Maternity (Ward 1E) located on Level 1 of East Wing and you will be taken to the birth suites where you will be assessed by a midwife.
Our midwives are available to assist you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Preparing for your stay
Wesley Maternity will provide a gown for you to wear when you are in labour, however, you may prefer to bring your own.
We also provide everything for your baby during your stay including linen, clothing, wipes and nappies.
We suggest you bring:
- Comfortable day wear
- Night attire
- Maternity bras
- Maternity sanitary pads (two-three packets)
- Breast pads
- Baby clothes and wrap for the journey home (plus spare just in case!)
- Teats, bottles and formula if you intend to bottle feed
- Any medication that you are taking (including vitamins)
- Details of your private health insurance
- Medicare card
Note: If partners are staying don't forget to bring your pyjamas and toiletries