What should overnight patients pack?
- Doctor’s letters, reports, notes and consent forms
- All relevant x-rays and scans.
- Certified copy – Power of Attorney or Advance Health Directive (if applicable)
- Credit card for payment of excesses, co-payments or incidentals (if not done online)
- Loose change should you wish to purchase small items
- An up-to-date list of ALL the current medications you are taking. This may be in
the form of a Dispensing History from your Pharmacy OR a medications summary
from your GP.
- Bring your medication repeats and any authority scripts. Bring sufficient supplies of your medications in their original, labelled packaging for the entire duration of your stay.
- If your medications are in a dose administration aid, these may not be able to
be used during your hospital stay as our staff cannot verify the content, age or
- Remember to bring all inhalers, creams, ointments, patches, eye or ear drops,
injections and herbal or complementary medicines.
- 1 x small secure bag for your clothes to be kept in as well as your X/Rays,
Medications and Documents.
- Reading materials and physical aids – glasses, hearing aids (with cases), walking
stick, mobility aids.
- It is imperative you stay warm and our hospital environment can be cool so ensure
you bring warm clothing and a jacket for your stay.
- Nightwear, dressing gown, slippers or comfortable flat shoes and toiletries for
patients staying overnight
Please do not bring valuables or large sums of money to the hospital. The hospital cannot take responsibility for personal belongings and valuables nor is liable for the loss of money, personal property or valuables brought into the hospital.