Cardiac Care includes: Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, and Cardiac Rehabilitation. For over 20 years, the Wesley have been providing a wide range of complex and state-of-the-art cardiac procedures and treatments to patients with a range of cardiac-related health issues.
This comprehensive service includes:
- an arrangement in the Queensland Ambulance Service for the management of urgent heart attacks (acute coronary syndrome) including direct cases to the Cardiac Catheter Theatre
- a dedicated coronary care unit
- cardiac MRI
- cardiac telemetry ward
- cardiac post-operative ICU
- cardiac catheter theatres
- a specialised cardiac operating theatre
The cardiovascular service is further complemented by a cardiac rehabilitation program as part of the Wesley's multi-disciplinary approach to health care
HeartWise Health Services Cardiac Rehabilitation
The Wesley Hospital's HeartWise Health Services provide a number of rehabilitation options for patients with or at risk of heart disease.
Cardiac rehabilitation patients referred to the HeartWise centre at the Wesley undergo a monitored and supervised individual program. This program provides exercise, education and support for the individual and their family.
For more information please phone 07 3232 6190