The Wesley Hospital provides a comprehensive range of clinical care for patients with breast problems, including benign and malignant tumours in the male and female breast. The Wesley is able to offer seamless care from diagnosis through to treatment on one campus complemented by clinical nurse specialists.
The hospital offers state-of-the-art breast radiology including digital mammography, digital stereotactic biopsy, prone table, ultrasound and mammotone. There is also breast screening assessment, full specialised breast pathology (including on-site immediate pathology) and multidisciplinary therapeutic clinics. The surgical team has developed interests in breast aesthetics and offers a full range of quality assured oncoplastic and reconstructive services to both men and women.
Conditions treated include:
- Oncoplastic and reconstructive procedures in both women and men
- Breast conserving surgery
- Mastectomy (including all types of immediate and delayed reconstruction)
- Sentinel node biopsy and other forms of axillary surgery
- Aesthetic breast surgery including augmentation and reduction
- Management of gynaecomastica
- Modern management of acute breast problems
The Wesley Hospital has a primary breast care team and a full range of support services including dedicated breast care nurses, The Wesley Breast Clinic and The Wesley Hospital Choices Cancer Support Centre.